MDA members now can use their My ADA account to help them track their CE credits!
Members can log their CE credits and can find already-logged CE credits for any courses they have taken through the ADA, MDA or component society* (2015 and after) that uploads CE course attendance data.
- CE logged by members will be noted as unverified, simply because it is being added by the member.
- CE in the system, which has been input automatically by the ADA, MDA or component society*, will be noted as verified.
- Members will be able to upload CE cards or other certificates of verification for a course, and members will be able to print a CE report from the site.
Just click the button below to get started!
Online CE Tracking
Disclaimer: This is a tracking tool to aid dentists in keeping a record of their CE. It is the responsibility of each dentist to keep a complete CE record that is sufficient for license renewal and/or auditing purposes. The MDA accepts no liability for providing access to this CE tracking tool or for a complete record of a dentist’s CE participation.
*It is at the discretion of each MDA component society to upload CE course information for meetings/courses for their individual component.
Missouri Dental Practice Act CE Requirements
Take Note! When keeping CE records, remember the requirements of the Missouri Dental Practice Act, outlined in 20 CSR 2110-2.240 Continuing Dental Education. Some specifics related to record retention include:
- In order to renew a license, each dentist shall submit satisfactory evidence of completion of fifty (50) hours of continuing education during the two (2)-year period immediately preceding the renewal period.
- The licensee shall report the number of hours obtained for the two (2)-year period just completed and shall attest to those hours by signing the form.
- Each licensee shall retain records documenting his/ her completion of the required hours of continuing education for a minimum of six (6) years after the reporting period in which the continuing education was completed.
- The records shall document the licensee’s attendance at the continuing education course including, but not limited to, retaining the titles of the courses taken, dates, locations, receipts, course sponsors, agendas, and number of hours earned. (Note: An example would be the CE verification cards received when taking an MDA CE program. The log from this site would need to be accompanied by these records.)
- The board may conduct an audit of licensees to verify compliance with the continuing education requirement. Licensees shall assist the board in its audit by providing timely and complete responses to the board’s inquiries.